Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Christmas Miracle And A Little Bit About Plaid

First and foremost, I'd like to wish everyone who celebrates it a Merry Christmas and hope you had a lovely day with your families. I, for one, spent the entire day with mine, detached from the cyber-world.  By some Christmas miracle, we lost power today and this allowed us to appreciate our time together as a family much more. Though I don't celebrate Christmas, it remained a much appreciated day off. However, don't mistaken it for a day away from blogging, because I prefer to share the love and NOT reserve my words for my family alone. As a matter of fact, I've actually been bitten by the Christmas bug myself. No, it was not after listening to "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey on repeat, neither was it due to the endless variety of Christmas films playing on my television and reminding me of my youth. It has nothing to do with the Giant Christmas trees displayed inside my favourite place in the world (The Mall). It happens to be an addiction to Tartan that snuck up on me when I least expected it.

Source: howtochic.blogspot.it
Something you may not be aware of is my propensity towards addiction (not in the unhealthy way, although some would say that's debatable). When I like a fashion trend, I go a little bananas (as my fellow Jewish fashionista Rachel Zoe would say). Here's an example: when I discovered studs, I went on a rampage. A studded t-shirt, 4 studded bracelets, a studded clutch, and a pair of studded flats later, I realized what I'd done and the aggressive attitude I was portraying to the greater public. Maybe I went slightly overboard, but I absolutely could not resist a stud when I saw one. It become my signature touch in every look.

Yesterday, I went shopping and somehow, I found myself with a plaid pencil skirt and a plaid tank top. When I got home I realized I already had a plaid sweater and a plaid blouse. I felt the symptoms coming back again, but it was just too little, too late. The truth is, plaid is the ultimate Christmas/Fall trend and when it came a knockin', I answered the door. I may not be eating eggnog nor do I own a tree, but Christmas fashion has me smitten and I can't shut the door on that!

Happy Holidays!

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment