Monday, December 9, 2013

And Suddenly the Snow Crept Up On Us Like A Mysterious Figure in the Nighttime

Snow flakes.

I counted till they danced so
Their slippers leaped the town,
And then I took a pencil
To note the rebels down.
And then they grew so jolly
I did resign the prig,
And ten of my once stately toes
Are marshmallowed for a jig!

No, I did not write this poem. It was Emily Dickinson. But, I'm flattered you made that assumption.

This morning, I woke up and looked out my window (because I have an unnatural obsession with the weather) and lo and behold, there it was: the most beautiful sheet of white. I dread the moment those fugly winter boots form dents in the smooth surface, heavy rain drops crush those delicate flakes, and the most repulsive shade of slush taints the white. For now, let's enjoy this day, even if it's Monday, and we all hate Mondays. As little as I tolerate the cold due to my petite frame with little flesh to protect me from it, it still looks picture perfect from my window. So, if you haven't yet, push aside those curtains and take a look.

In other news...
Speaking of Mondays, I have another way to make yours better in the form of my own piece of writing that appears on my Tumblr every week (in case you haven't noticed). As per usual, I have an article up my sleeve and this one is very much related to what you see out there. Let me give you a hint: it is very much related to what you see out there. That's all you're getting because I really want you to read it. Stay tuned tonight for some significant survival/fashion advice (yes, they are synonymous in this case).

Ciao!
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment