Friday, December 27, 2013

In January, Fashion Takes A Well-Deserved Nap

Happy Fashion Friday! (no, I did not make that up. It's the oldest alliteration in the book)

Hope you lovelies had a wonderful boxing day and that you're ready for boxing weekend! For some strange reason, I've been uninspired lately and boxing week is just about the worst time to lose inspiration. My creative juices have ceased to flow and I'm at a complete loss. The solution to that problem is usually a new magazine, but all the January issues are as thin as toast and I'm not getting much out of it. In the month of January, fashion is simply asleep (aren't we all?). What I struggle to understand is why the start of a fresh new year doesn't spur new ideas? Why are these magazines so darn thin? Can't they make a "best dressed of the year list"? Or perhaps a "summary of 2013" issue? I simply CANNOT come to terms with this. I know that the holiday shopping is over, but I yearn to be inspired in this dreadful month and I NEED my magazines for sustenance.

It seems like the only thing we can look forward to is Fall 2014 fashion month coming up in February. Unfortunately, that is still many days away. I don't know about you, but I've already started my countdown.

Enjoy your last weekend of 2013!

Bella




41 Days Until NYFW

No comments:

Post a Comment