Thursday, December 12, 2013

Let's Rant About K.Stew, Your New Face of Chanel

If you haven't yet heard, Karl Lagerfeld has selected Kristen Stewart as the new face of Chanel. Let that simmer in your mind a little before I proceed.
...



Ready yet? Okay, now WHAT? I just finished describing how brilliant this man is and now, I stumble upon this disappointment? Let me just say that I am not insinuating that there is anything wrong with Kristen Stewart as a person. I am sure she's a very nice girl. I just can't seem to envision her on CHANEL fashion ad campaigns. Wait...No, can't do it. Male heartthrob Brad Pitt represents Chanel N5, Supermodel Gisele Bundchen is the face of Les Beiges, and fashion icon Diane Kruger recently represented the brand, BUT K.STEW? The girl/woman does a bunch of Vampire movies and all of a sudden, she's iconic enough to cover Chanel? And i'm not referring to her appearance alone, though it doesn't exactly scream "model". We all know she is not a model. On that note, what happened to models taking on MODELLING jobs? What happened to real ICONS representing brands? If she were an icon, I would not be going on this rant right now. What is she an icon of? Distressed dressers? I suppose she is now an icon of Chanel. If you disagree with me on any level, here is a picture of your new Chanel "icon":


Impressed? Didn't think so.

P.S I really didn't intend to be harsh. K. Stew is lovely.

1 comment: