Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: A Black Page

First and foremost, I hope that you've all recovered from a wild New Years Eve (whether alone in your basement with a bottle of wine and Ryan Seacrest or at a party to forget in some obscure location with all your closest friends)! January 1st is officially here and we must now accustom ourselves to writing "2014" in our notebooks (for those of us who still use those). I've decided to nominate 2014 as the year   I explore fashion in further depth as a means of attaining self-understanding. Therefore, I am beginning with a blank slate: black and a red lip.

My most recent shopping escapades have seduced me into a black hole and frankly, it's quite comfortable in there. Black is accompanied by a series of attributes. It can be classic or gloomy. It can be sophisticated or gothic. It can be sensual or boring. However you choose to interpret it, it's multiple facets are undeniable. 

Upon the road to self-discovery, I realized that the one thing I know well is that I love a red lip. Everything else is to be determined. Do the magazine trends dictate my style to such a degree that I can't quite figure out what I like? Am I being swallowed whole by the fashion world, unable to find myself in the process? Do I like oxfords or am I merely intrigued because of all the starlets spotted wearing them on their feet? Am I the floral type or the polka dot type? Am I neither? All these questions have been swarming in my brain and my solution is to take it step by step. 

Let's start with a blank page (or as I like to call it, a black page), until all of my colours are revealed to me with magic ink. Maybe by the end of 2014, I'll get a little closer to knowing what REALLY is the new black.

Have a lovely evening!

Bella




Oh, and 36 Days Until NYFW

No comments:

Post a Comment