Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Love Affair With High-Waisted Pants

I suppose my story begins in elementary school when I had my premature growth spurt. I was 11, taller than most of the girls in my class, and seated at the front in the class picture (which meant everything back then). Suddenly, like lightening, high school commenced and something struck me (no pun intended) as odd. Everyone was growing but me. My doctor announced that it was the end of the road. I would never be deemed tall again. Alas, I realized that my legs would forever be stunted, reaching a staggering 5''. It was the end of the world as I knew it.

via m-street-style.blogspot.com.es
And then something crazy happened. I discovered the beloved high heel. I finally found my solution to looking chic and age appropriate on a night out. The only question that remained was: how could I possible create an illusion of height on the regular days? Would I ever be able to wear sneakers again without being mistaken for a 12 year old? Could I afford to dress casual? Would I have to give up flats forever?

And that's when I discovered high-waisted jeans and frankly, when my life changed forever. High-waisted jeans created that illusion of long legs by shortening the torso. They welcomed the crop top with open arms and invited my blouses to tuck themselves in. They are a godsend gift-wrapped for petite girls with height insecurities that come in all shapes and sizes. Whether in the form of a harem pant or denim, they will rock your fashionable world.

As you can see, I'm a major advocate for the high-waisted pant. When guys ask me: "why are your pants always worn so high?", I lift them even higher and proudly expose my long legs. There is nothing more satisfying.

Happy Thursday!

Bella




21 Days Until NYFW

No comments:

Post a Comment