Monday, January 13, 2014

My More-Or-Less Conventional Golden Globes 2014 Best-Dressed List

So...The Golden Globes were on last night and a lot happened on the Red Carpet (including some flooding), but what I'm hear to talk to you about is a list of women who rocked their garb like it was nobody's business. Though I'd love to dwell on the questionable dress choices, including Paula Patton's "Side Vagina" and Drew Barrymore's "Garden of Eden" (there seems to be a common theme there), I'd much rather pay attribute to those who excelled in their delicious dress choices. And so it begins...

Best-dressed list number 1093578475884590345978497584758:

NUMBER 10:
KAYLEY CUOCO in Rani Zakhem
via www.popsugar.com
At every award show, Kaley gets a spot on my list because of her overall skills at looking like a hot-ass princess. This dress may resemble wallpaper, but it certainly was NOT boring.

NUMBER 9:
EMMA WATSON in DIOR

via www.dailymail.co.uk
Every year, someone shows up wearing a business in the front, party in the back situation at one of these events. This year, it was Emma Watson. I'm thinking the killer red dress was meant for the glamorous event, while the pants were reserved for the after-party. Just a thought.

NUMBER 8:
CATE BLANCHETT in ARMANI
via metro.co.uk
Ladies and gents, it finally happened. Cate Blanchett snagged herself a spot on a best-dressed list written by me. Though this is as rare as the sound of Karl Lagerfeld's laughter, it has finally happened and she looks freaking fabulous. P.S I have a soft spot for black lace, so clearly, she knew what she was doing.

NUMBER 7:
ALLISON WILLIAMS in ALEXANDER McQUEEN
via www.hollywoodreporter.com
I think we can all agree that Allison Williams is fed up of being called "boring", and so, she opted for McQueen. It's the natural direction to take and frankly, I think she did it pretty well, while keeping her personal style image intact, wouldn't you agree?

NUMBER 6:
AMY ADAMS in VALENTINO
via www.hollywoodreporter.com
Amy Adams NEEDED a wow moment after being nominated for American Hustle (and winning). This red dress definitely had that affect and I have to say, that plunging neckline was slightly more tastefully done than in the film. Overall, a wild success.

NUMBER 5:
LUPITA NYONG'O in RALPH LAUREN
via www.hollywoodreporter.com
Everyone was obsessing over this dress on Twitter like the cape was real and she could actually fly. Generally, I think we were all mostly blown away by that breathtaking colour.

NUMBER 4:
MARIA MENOUNOS in MAX AZRIA
via www.hollywoodreporter.com
First of all, Maria Menounos could wear a paper bag on the Red Carpet and she'd look beyond amazing. However, this dress is worth noting because it was particularly striking and one of the first appearances on the Carpet. Bold colours were clearly a winner last night.

NUMBER 3:
CAITLIN FITZGERALD in VIKTOR AND ROLF
via www.hollywoodreporter.com
I don't even care who this woman is, but her dress was clearly underrated. The cut, the colour, the basicallyeverythingaboutit was so beautiful, it's probably what I would've worn at this event. LOVE IT.

NUMBER 2 (getting close, guys):
LOUISE ROE in MONIQUE LHUILLIER
via www.hollywoodreporter.com
This is so freaking pretty I want to cry (because I don't own it). It's feminine and bold and overall, perfect. It's a dress straight from my own dreams.

AND THE NUMBER 1 BEST-DRESSED CELEBRITY (IN MY BOOK) IS:
KATE BECKINSALE in ZUHAIR MURAD
via www.celebitchy.com
First of all, Kate Beckinsale is ALREADY (no Red Carpet attached) one of my personal style icons. This sparkling number, however, blew my socks off (I know that's not the expression, but I needed two expressions to describe this wonder). Nobody shone (shined?) brighter than Kate Beckinsale. No one.

Allow me to give a shout out to best-preggo of the night: Olivia Wilde in Gucci as my final parting words.

And with that, farewell!

Bella




24 Days Until NYFW

No comments:

Post a Comment