Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Valentine's Day Wishlist

When I was a tween traversing the threshold of puberty and watching too many Mandy Moore movies (because I was born in the 90s and Katherine Heigl wasn't yet a thing), I fantasized about the day I would fall in love and receive an abundance of flowers and chocolates delivered to me on Valentine's Day. Then, when I finally got my first boyfriend, my expectations were so high that we broke up on Valentine's Day due to said insurmountable expectations not being met. After that breakup, I was set on pretending Valentine's Day didn't exist and when that didn't work, I found myself trashing this consumer-sucking holiday and developing a cynical perspective on the world. Today, everything has changed. I'm no longer a fantasizer, a lover, a high maintenance princess, a delusional single gal, or a romance hater. I've decided to embrace Valentine's Day as the day we learn to love the most important person of all: ourselves. Now, don't get this the wrong way. I'm not an egocentric maniac showering myself with gifts or contemplating marrying myself as Sue did on Glee several months back. I'm simply learning to enjoy being single and thriving in my independence through self-love. In honor of this special day, I decided to conjure up a basket full of Valentine's Day goodies that would all be red and probably never cross a man's mind (unless he's particularly in tune to non-cliched fashionista cravings). Here are 7 red items that my basket would contain:

NUMBER 1: MAC RED
Because despite all the raving reviews on M.A.C Russian Red and M.A.C Ruby Woo, M.A.C Red wins that war in my world as the best and boldest red lip created by M.A.C.
via zsazsabellagio.blogspot.com
NUMBER 2: A Glass of Red Wine
Because even though I'm more of a white wine kind of gal, red is just too darn classy to pass up.
via Flickr
NUMBER 3: A Abundance of Red Candy
Because it's common knowledge that red is always the best flavour. 
via Flickr
NUMBER 4: Taylor Swift's Red Album
Because chances are, if you're single or hating on your celebrity ex, it'll come in handy.
via taylorswift.wikia.com
NUMBER 5: Red Valentino
Because if you're a fashionista or simply me, anything from a Red Valentino collection would be a dream.
via Magic Mountain
NUMBER 6: Red Soles (On A Pair of Louboutins That Is)
If you could walk around stepping on that passionate colour red all day, why not? Not that I'm that embittered or anything...
via Piccsy
NUMBER 7: A Red Celine Bag
Because even though I want it in all the other colours as well, Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to celebrate red.
via SHOP-HERS

With two days left until Valentine's Day, it's time to prepare that imaginary gift basket and get into the red mood. What would be in YOUR basket?

Happy Pre-Valentine's Day!

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment