Sunday, March 30, 2014

#ForTheSakeOfFashion Part II

via The Satorialist
Last month, I introduced the concept of #forthesakeoffashion and have neglected to mention it since. Today, I revive the term through a fashion statement I decided to indulge in last week: wearing your cardi or jacket over the shoulders. Upon observing fashion week street style photos, I noticed that many of these ladies were not wearing their arms inside their sleeves. It was a phenomenon I struggled to understand and it started with fashion queen Anna Wintour herself.

Why didn't she just put her sleeves in?
Why are they even there?
Is it a blanket?

I couldn't quite fathom how women could just decide not to use a crucial element of this piece of clothing.

For some strange reason, I couldn't keep my eyes away from this trend. I noticed that it radiated "cool" vibes and there was no rhyme or reason. Of course, I had to try it myself.

I was wearing one of my favourite fluffy cardigans and suddenly, I felt a surge of heat rush through me. I decided to remove it to air myself out and consequently, I felt a slight chill. I subconsciously slipped the jacket over my shoulders and voila, I was wearing the trend without even being conscious of it. Though I could not wear my bag on my back any longer, I felt instantly cooler as I walked around campus. It also warmed my shoulders like a husky boyfriend.

Now, this may seem silly to the average person, but there was something thrilling about wearing it in the way it wasn't supposed to be worn purely #forthesakeoffashion. Maybe I'll get inspired to wear sunglasses indoors. Admittedly, I'm probably not ready for that leap just yet...

Have A Lovely Sunday!

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment