Monday, April 7, 2014

Are You A Trendista Or A Fashionista?

My obsession with quizzes and categories has finally translated onto my blog. We're all dying to know if we're a high heel or a sneaker, if we're more Kim or Khloe, and if we're an apple or a peach. Quizzes have become integral to identity formation and thus, it's crucial to ponder our responses to achieve accuracy. One of the most important questions that every fashion girl must ask herself is: am I a trendsetter or a trend follower? Fashionista or trendista? Do I really like leather pants or do I find them atrociously sticky and uncomfortable? Will I be wearing combat boots just because I saw Olivia Palermo wearing them (something I've never seen her do)? Do I have my own personal style or have I gone through my entire life listening to the dictates of fashion designers when constructing my wardrobe?

Enter existential crisis here.

Today is your lucky day. I've decided to create a short quiz to help you find out where you fall. If you're a fashionista, embrace your bold nature and continue to shine. If you're a trendista, make sure that you're conscious of your ways and certain that this is where you'd like to be.

WHAT TYPE OF FASHION GIRL ARE YOU: TRENDISTA OR FASHIONISTA?

1) What Kind Of Bag Do You Own?
a) Michael Kors, duh.
b) Celine. Because I'm a rich bitch and it's really beautiful.
c) Um...Urban Outfitters? With fringe...

2) What's Your Favourite Spring Nail Colour?
a) NAIL ART!
b) Neon. Neon. Neon.
c) Depends on my mood.

3) What Do You Think Of The Peplum?
a) SO last year.
b) Timelessly classy.
c) Hell no.

4) What Jacket Are You Planning On Wearing This Spring?
a) Bomber, obvi.
b) Denim.
c) Same one I wore last year...with a few more patches.

5) Who Are Your Favourite Designers
a) Michael Kors, Chanel, and Herve Leger
b) Celine, Isabel Marant, and Marc Jacobs
c) Prada, Mary Katrantzou, and Peter Pilotto

6) Have You Ever Heard Of Canada Goose?
a) Um yeah. I own like 6 coats.
b) I don't live under a rock.
c) Yeah. Every other person on the street owns one. TURN OFF.

7) What Are Uggs?
a) My favourite brand of boot.
b) UGGly
c) Boots every girl has in her closet. Not me, though. I don't believe in boots.

8) Do You Believe In Normcore?
a) No.
b) Normcore is my middle name.
c) Now that it's a trend, I'm not sure I do.

MOSTLY A's
You're a TRENDISTA...with a captial T. You make it a point to know about all the latest trends and follow them religiously. The newest bag just landed on the racks? You NEED to have it. You're ready to spend the bucks on the best brands in the market. But does everything you wear reflect your personality? Not always, but you don't care as long as everyone wants what you have.

MOSTLY B's
You're in the MIDDLE. You like to check out the trends for inspiration, but don't consider them to be the holy bible. You're willing to experiment, but if you don't like it, it won't land inside your closet. You probably own at least one covetable item, but for the most part, you try to stay true to your own personal style. Perhaps you are undefined, but that doesn't bother you.

MOSTLY C's
You're a FASHIONISTA. You love to fantasize about your favourite brands, but you know you probably can't afford to wear them. You take everything as inspiration for your DIYs. You know who you are and aren't afraid to make a bold choice despite public opinion. You may commit fashion crimes every once in a while, but that doesn't stop you from owning everything you wear.

Toodles,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment