Sunday, April 6, 2014

Are You Going To Coachella? Yeah, Me Neither.

Everyone's talking about Coachella like it's the Royal Wedding and naturally, I'm inexplicably addicted to Coachella talk. The strange thing about the Coachella Film Fest is that it is one of the only famous celebrity parties that does not require a gown. It's the Grammys in denim cut-offs and nobody gets to take home an award. Last year, Diane Kruger was spotted wearing H&M shorts (and when I found those shorts, it was the best day of my life, guys). The problem with celebrities wearing fast fashion is that it makes us believe that common folk can attend Coachella, even though it remains reserved for the fashion elite. It's actually just an excuse for celebrities to dress like hipsters or like it's 1975, except the cause isn't revolution. It's music.

via yesmissy.com
Essentially, Coachella is a reminder that we are all human and that the one thing I have in common with Alessandra Ambrosio is that we both love our indie music. In Montreal, we have Osheaga. There are no real celebrities attending nor paparazzi snapping shots of classy ladies in short shorts, but simply Canadians reaping the benefits of summer in their scantiest garb. 

What do these two events have in common?

Both Osheaga and Coachella are celebrated in the spring/summer months, giving us a reason to shop for some ripped denim, gladiator sandals, tribal tops, and rompers (not that we need an excuse). We've all got spring fever and with that comes the Coachella disease. 

Last week, I stepped into Winners and found myself drawn to a pair of pale denim cut-off overalls. 

My thoughts: "I would totally wear that to Coachella" (followed by a series of tank top ideas scampering around my brain).

No, I am not going to Coachella, but fashion is about fantasy anyway, isn't it? Perhaps it's merely a reason to celebrate the approaching summer heat that we're all anxiously anticipating. This month, I invite you to indulge in a pair of denim shorts in honour of Coachella. Let's all get in the mood as we celebrate the one thing we all have in common as human beings: a deep appreciation for summer. Okay, I'll stop saying Coachella now.

Happy Sunday!

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment