Thursday, April 10, 2014

Window Shopping Syndrome

via globial.com
Do you ever get that sudden urge to shop, but your bank account won't permit it? Do you try to justify yourself by saying "I just want to see what's out there" when you're really hoping for a love at first sight moment? Do you eagerly anticipate the arrival of a new season to check out the new store windows for eye catching pieces?

You have window shopping syndrome.

The funny thing about window shopping it's that it has that "look can't touch" quality that makes it all the more enjoyable, much like muscular arms. It's eye candy and a total tease, but its desirability is precisely what forms its appeal.

Why we torture ourselves, you ask? I couldn't tell you. The truth is, window shopping is an illusion. We all think we're going to just stop by and peruse our options, making a mental wishlist. In reality, we're hoping to fall in love with an item of clothing and purchase it on impulse. No matter how little money we have in that account, sometimes it's worth it.

Today, I decided to take a break from paper writing to check out the shops and "prepare myself for summer". This preparation generally involves online window shopping followed by store appearances to get a quick glance of what I want to buy. I like to call it "living on the edge" because the will power that's required for window shopping is at a supreme level. However, I'm a little dangerous, so I occasionally like to tease myself without any intention of buying (only a tiny one). If the opportunity arises, I may concede to my desires.

As a major advocate for window shopping, I think it is an excellent way to map out that future wardrobe. If you shop once a year, you may miss out on some of the best pieces. It also ensures that you know when the deals are coming and how long items have been in store. So, take a mental note and prance about the shops. It's time to indulge, ladies.

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment