Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Maxi Dress: The Key To Your Summer

I have a theory. My theory is that dresses were invented to facilitate a woman's life. I don't care if your average feminist next door is loyal to her pants. I LOVE pants too and dresses are not what they used to be. I acknowledge the magic of the modern dress as an easy outfit choice with an endless list of accessory possibilities. It's the next best thing to pyjamas.

And in the summer? There's nothing more beautiful than a maxi.

Once upon a time, I thought my height would prevent me from finding the perfect maxi dress. No matter how hard I looked, I always found one that was 6 inches too long. No, I did not feel like getting it hemmed (do I have time for this?). Eventually, I landed on a dress that would work with 5 inch heels. (score!). That day, I discovered the beauty of the maxi.

Whether boho chic a la Rachel Zoe or simple and sweet, the maxi is that easy solution to your summer day. Not sure what to wear? There's a maxi dress waiting inside your closet yearning to be worn. You can never have too many. In fact, sometimes your shorts get lost in the mix because they simply don't promise the same kind of comfort. A maxi every day keeps the doctor away, right? I'm sure it's something like that...

So, if you haven't gotten one yet, I promise you this: you WILL find the one. And once you do, you won't want to take it off!

Check out these maxi dresses for inspiration:


...

Now go shopping, girl! You deserve it.

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment