Friday, August 29, 2014

#IconCity: I'm Simply Obsessed with Kerry Washington

This week, the Emmy's were on (on a Monday night, no less) and somehow, I survived the entire show without falling asleep. Despite the valiant efforts of Seth Meyers, some jokes just didn't translate into laughs and the evening continued to drag on. For celebrities, it's a lovely event as well as an occasion to get all dressed up and hope for a win. For us common folk, it's just background noise while we compulsively check our social media combined with a bit of FOMO.

Anyway, one of my favourite parts about these awards shows is the Red Carpet (if you hadn't already figured that one out). One of the standouts at every event is Kerry Washington. Not only is she beautiful, but she is ALWAYS best-dressed. Everything she wears looks like it was custom made for her (and this time, it actually was) and she's consistently a stand-out. Watching her walk the Red Carpet makes me want to check out Scandal for more of a glimpse at her style. With a repertoire of films, I definitely have a lot of catching up to do. For now, let us just marvel as some of her best looks.

LOOK 1
You wish you looked this good in white. Wearing a classy Cushnie et Ochs suit with a slight peplum, Kerry looks enviably amazing. Let's not forget to mention her pop of colour with those red Brian Atwood pumps and that standout Kate Spade New York clutch. I'm dying for this.
via InStyle
LOOK 2
Only a girl with serious style savvy could pull off this high-low dress in electric orange. As soon as I saw this Michael Kors look on the runway, I knew that only a true diva could wear it and own it. Kerry wears it beautifully and with a stunning bun that we're all fantasizing about.
via thefashionspot.ca
LOOK 3
This look accentuates Kerry's gorgeous curves and once again, that pop of red was exactly what this outfit needed. Not afraid of a bold print, Kerry proves that she really is an icon to admire.
via berrysa.blogspot.ca
LOOK 4
Has your jaw dropped yet? This is so incredibly beautiful, I want it to be my wedding dress. And that hair is a complete dream. I'm speechless.
via InStyle
LOOK 5
This is definitely my favourite Red Carpet look on Kerry and that says a lot considering that I love ALL her Red Carpet looks. I'm obsessed the perfect fit of this mermaid Zuhair Murad gown . And her hair is, simply put, amazing.
via fabsugar.com
What do you think of Kerry's style? Which is your favourite look?

Ponder It,

XOXO,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment