Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Why We Need To Stop Rationalizing Our Shoe Collections

via shoephoric.tumblr.com
We all have weaknesses and guilty pleasures that cause our brains to shut down and that stimulate our impulses. For me, this phenomenon occurs when I see an amazing pair of shoes and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that there are many others like me. Every time I spot a pair of shoes, I tell myself that love cannot be denied and I MUST have them. Let me confess that logic does NOT come into play. At least not real logic.

Sometimes I tell myself that I need a pair of sneakers for when I (don't) go to the gym. Occasionally, I'll spot a pair of sky high stilettos and justify them by remembering that it's my best friend's birthday next week and I HAVE to wear something new. Also, I'm 5" feet tall, so a pair of high heels is ALWAYS necessary. Fall is approaching and I obviously need a new pair of knee high leather boots. They are a closet staple, aren't they? The snow devoured last year's pair. Oh well. I also need a lower bootie for those slightly warmer days. Besides, they look ridiculously edgy with my new LBD. If I'm going to go out, I'll definitely need a high heeled version of both. I also need some Sorels for the snow because I don't want to get my nicer boots dirty. Can't make that mistake again. After all, they were a bit pricey.

Does this sound familiar?

If these words have played in your head every time you bought a pair of shoes, you fall into the same category as I do: The Shoe Addict.

How do you overcome it?

To that I respond: Do I have to?

To some of us, the shoe makes or breaks the outfit. With your basic white tee and jeans, that Sophia Webster heel may be all you need to take it from daytime chic to party on the town. While some spend all their money on clothes, all I need is a variety of shoes to dress up or down my simplest looks. Is that such a crime? Maybe trying to rationalize our shoe collections is pointless. Or perhaps we could all use that one perfect sneaker (unless you're my height). Whichever camp you fall under, fashion is NOT about rationale. It's about passion and self-expression. If that takes you straight into the arms of Valentino Rockstud Pumps, who am I to judge?

Perhaps we should all pay more attention to our shoes. Maybe being a shoe addict isn't such a bad thing.

But then again, that's also coming from a shoe addict, so who am I to talk?


Ponder that,

Bella

P.S 15 DAYS UNTIL NYFW

No comments:

Post a Comment