Friday, January 8, 2016

It's 2016 And Suddenly I Like...Nail Art?

I've always hated nail art. Read post, "Apparently Nail Art Is Dead. I Never Thought It Was Alive". It has always seemed to me like a kindergarten art project gone wrong, a way to get rid of your holiday decorations, an accident with the glitter, or just plain tacky.

The other day, something strange happened. I broke my two thumb nails. It was a horrendous experience I wish to never recreate, but alas, some things cannot be avoided. This predicament led to a slew of after-effects. For one, I decided that I had to cut my other nails to even them out (they were beyond nail file repair). Once that was done, I knew that certain colours would not work on my new short nails. The long and short of it is that I decided to paint one of my nails a different colour. Don't ask me how I arrived at this conclusion. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I knew that my elegant long-nailed manicure was flushed down the toilet and that I needed a refresher to make my hands feel alive again.

I decided to paint my accent nail in flashy metallic silver. Though I've never been a fan of metallic nails, the New Year inspired me to try something new. After painting that single nail silver, I opted for a dark grey mani to compliment the nail. Unsatisfied with the results, I started to draw all over my nails with silver nail polish like a child left alone with a box of crayons and something magical happened. It looked a little bit like this:

Dare I say it? I may have actually tried nail art. Intentionally and partially, unintentionally.

I can't say that I'm fully committed to this trend nor can I confirm that I absolutely love it. However, I may experiment with a Pinterest tutorial or two. We'll call it my New Years resolution.

Have a great weekend lovelies!

And ponder this...

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment